Tuesday 23 October 2012

My art - the process



Just thought I would give you a sneak peak into my sketchbook and share a couple of my original sketches with you today, as well as a little overview into my art making process...

My usual process is to illustrate using black pen (any ol' black ballpoint pen will do me) 
and I draw straight into one of my many Canson drawing pads I have floating around 
my home. I prefer to draw straight on using pen, rather than pencil, as I really enjoy the permanence of pen - I embrace and work with any little mistakes or flaws (I find they add to the quirky nature of my artworks). With a pencil I find I can start trying to be a bit too perfect and the essence of my usual illustrations is often lost as it all becomes a bit too rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment